May 29, 2012

Crochet purses

Spent the last week or so working on these crochet bags. The first is a crochet shell stitch bag, pattern is in the 2012 vogue crochet magazine. Very easy to make, took about three days. The pattern directions are easy to follow.


The second was made from a link found on Raverly. PDF directions at the bottom of the page. I modified my bag quite a bit. I didn't use the round handles, but crocheted the handles by stitching 20 dble chains for one row, then s ch. I folded the completed handle over twice, then slip stitched together. 

The second bag is actually a large granny square, converted to a bag. The pattern and diagrams from the link on Raverly are not easy to understand. I thought converting a square to a bag was a waste of yarn. The corners of the large granny square are tucked into the bag and not seen. Not sure if I was comprehending the pattern wrong,(I think the pattern was originally in another language, then converted to English) I tried to look on the web for the same type of bag with better instructions, but couldn't find any.




No comments: