May 27, 2011

Scrapbook

Made this scrapbook for my moms cancer benefit. The book was up for auction and the money was donated to help pay medical bills.
Hand bound Accordion Scrap book with folds and envelopes for photos.
Hand made, antique, store bought embellishments and ephemera.
Book is large enough to store memorable art and schoolwork behind or alongside photos.

Bought a tablet of scrap book paper, folded each sheet, tore in half and bound the pages together using wax linen thread. The book style is accordion and fans out for display on table.
Clips added to attach photos to the book. Umbrella from an old wedding shower card
added lace and ribbon from antique store
I crocheted the beige flower and added embellishments from Archivers.
Added some of my own painted paper
Created tag from note card I received from a swap
Vintage wallpaper tag
Front cover of Journal - mixed media bird I made. Fabric flower from Archivers

No comments: