We were sent a christmas plant with pinecones, lilies, and pine branches. It was a beautiful plant, I put it on my art table right when it arrived. What a nice gift. What I realized later is that lilies are very toxic to cats. Our eldest cat Kalla got into the pollen of the lily and ate a few. What was strange was that there was no orange powder left on the table from Kalla supposedly eating the pollen. Anyways, Kalla got sick that night, she started to vomit but sometimes she does vomit, so we didn't think twice about it. On christmas she was a bit sluggish, but with our holiday schedule we didn't realize how much. The day after christmas I woke up early to check on her. I brought her up to my bed and she started having seizures. My husband took her to the animal hospital, we had to put her to sleep. I checked the plant and that is when I realized the pollen was gone. What a sad christmas - Kalla was an awesome cat. We miss her.
If you have cats - don't bring lilies into your house, the pollen is extremely toxic even if they smell it.